WOMEN DIALOGUE : 10 point agenda for women of Delhi unveiled
WOMEN DIALOGUE : The second phase of the Delhi Dialogue was unveiled in the national capital on Wednesday, 26 November, the second foundation day of the Aam Aadmi Party.
The programme organised at the Amphi theatre of the Talkatora Stadium in the evening, concluded with a clarion call for safety, security, empowerment and dignity of women in Delhi.
Former Delhi chief minister and Aam Aadmi Party convenor Arvind Kejriwal announced the party’s 10 point agenda for women, which will be implemented after the AAP government is formed in Delhi. These points are :
1. Delhi to be free of Darkspots. Street lights to be installed and made functional in all streets of the capital and all pavements.
2. CCTVs in Buses and Bus Shelters. Deter and stop crime in every form of public transport.
3. Bus Marshals on every bus. Zero tolerance against molestation, eve teasing and violence against women.
4. Ensuring Last mile connectivity by expanding grameen sewa services, shared auto rickshaw services and e-rickshaw services through delimitation and fixed routes
5. 2,00,000 (two lakh) toilets for women with 50,000 toilets in public spaces and 1.5 lakh toilets in slums. Sanitation for every citizen in public spaces, slums and JJ Clusters.
6. Swift and effective Justice in Crimes Against Women. 47 Fast track courts to be built and made functional .
7. Women’s Security Force to be formed by the utilisation of Delhi’s 12,000 strong New Delhi Home Guard and Civil Defense Force.
8. Suraksha Button on Every Mobile Phone with emergency connectivity with Delhi Police via Wifi.
9. Women to get a say on existence & location of alcohol vends in slums and residential colonies.
10. Focus on ensuring and encouraging the social security of women in the unorganised sector, domestic help and daily wage labourers. Increased penetration of healthcare and education facilities in every Delhi assembly constituency
Kejriwal’s announcements were preceded by inspiring speeches from Kanchan Chaudhary, India’s first woman DGP and AAP candidate from Haridwar Lok Sabha constituency, Manisha Lath Gupta, former vice president of Axis Bank and Lalita Ramdas former chairperson of Greenpeace International and coordinator of AAP gender justice and equality committee.
The programme was moderated by actor and AAP leader Gul Panag along with party’s national spokesperson Atishi Marlena .
Former CEO of Royal Bank of Scotland and AAP South Mumbai candidate in Lok Sabha elections Meera Sanyal along with AAP Mahila Shakti Delhi unit President Bandana Kumari outlined the importance of women in party organisation.
All women district coordinators of AAP Mahila Shakti from Delhi were present on the stage along with senior party leaders Prashant Bhushan, Manish Sisodia and Sanjay Singh.
Delhi Dialogue team comprising Ashish Khaitan and Adarsh Shastri elaborated on how the 10-point agenda for Women Dialogue was finalised through a series of roundtable conferences and meetings. More than 300 ward meetings were organised throughout Delhi to finalise the agenda.
Delhi Dialogue will now move to its next phase of discussion on employment, trade and other important issues.
@DelhiDialogue (official twitter handle)