IMPORTANT NOTICE : Note for Existing State & Zonal Committees
All State/Zonal Teams,
It has come to our notice through various complaints that in some states new adhoc District teams are being formed even though Mission Vistaar process has not started there.
Please be informed that organisation restructuring work and formation of new committees is to be postponed in any state until the visit of neutral observers and the launch of Mission Vistaar process. Any new teams can be made only after the Observers have been appointed by the Mission Vistaar committee at State/Zonal Levels. Any adhoc team thus formed without approval of Mission Vistaar observers would not be considered as valid.
Mission Vistaar process would be started very soon in the states where it has not been started yet. Pending the visit of Neutral Observers and launch of Mission Vistaar process, volunteers can and should continue to take up local issues and solve people's problems. Our ‘andolan’ related work should not stop and will help us lay the groundwork for ‘sanghatan’ work wherein we will need to start party building at booth level as a part of Mission Vistaar process.
Until the formation of the Interim Committees, in case there are any grievances, these will be handled by the National Grievance Redressal Cell, who can be contacted at email@example.com
WHY (हिंदी में पढ़ें)
The Aam Aadmi Party evolved from a nationwide anti-corruption movement that was fueled by the anger of citizens of our country against the rampant corruption of the political parties.
History was created when people of Delhi, given a true alternative, chose to give the Aam Aadmi Party 28 seats during assembly elections in 2013. This result was historic because voters of Delhi showed the rest of our country that honest politics was possible, that common people could contest and win elections without spending huge amounts of money.
The Aam Aadmi Party then formed a minority government and within 49 days demonstrated that when there is political will, corruption could be controlled and interests of the common man could be addressed.
Despite limited resources and minimum organisational structure, AAP contested over 400 seats across the country, with the intention of giving people of our country a choice of an honest candidate and party. At a time when many old and established parties were wiped out, we registered our presence throughout the country and sent 4 honest MPs into Parliament.
People of this country overwhelmingly rejected the incumbent Congress Government, due to the party’s widespread corruption and mal-governance. While a battle has been won, the war against corruption still wages on.
Based on the experiences of BJP government in various states and the fact that the new central government has taken no steps thus far to fight corruption and inflation ,it is now becoming clear that the Modi government policies are no different from that of the Congress.
It has therefore become all the more important for the people of our country to be offered a true political alternative and not just a substitute. In order for us to provide such an alternative, we will need to reach out to more and more people across the country to create awareness, expand and strengthen the party organization.
- Reach out to the multitude of citizens of this country, whoshare the ideology of the AamAadmi Party and want to play a meaningful role in nation building
- Integrate all these change-makers into the Party organization, by providing opportunities for them to take up responsibilities within the Party.
- Evolve a meaningful and effective two-way communication system among volunteers and between various levels of party organization
- Facilitate the process of political education andleadership-building amongst those who have joined Aam Aadmi Party to be a catalyst of change in the country.
- Reorganize the organizational units at various levels through a bottom-up democratic process
Appointment of Observers
- The Observers will travel throughout the States and organize meetings with volunteers, candidates and members of the State, Campaign and District Committees.
- In these consultations, feedback will be collected on the performance of the various state units in LokSabha 2014 elections.
- Suggestions on who can be depended to take responsibility and inputs on the roadmap of the state will be collected during this visit.
- Based on these consultations, the Observers will submit a report to the MV Committee.
Formation of the Interim State Mission Vistaar Committee
- Based on the inputs from the state visit and the Observer’s report, an interim State Mission Vistaar Committee will be appointed.
- In addition, a grievance cell, a disciplinary committee and Obudsman will also be appointed.
- The State Mission Vistaar Committee would have a mandate of developing the party organization and time-bound restructuring of the party. To this end, it will be set with performance targets and held accountable for the same.
- It would also be responsible for any necessary political activities/campaigns in the State
Formation of Interim District Mission Vistaar Committees
- The interim District Mission Vistaar Committees would be appointed by the State Mission Vistaar Committee, in consultation with the volunteers of the District. The State Observer would monitor this process.
- District Mission Vistaar Committees would be mandated with the expansion of the party, with performance targets and accountability mechanisms.
- It would also be responsible for any necessary political activities/campaigns in the District
Goals for Interim committees and volunteers
- Once the interim Mission Vistaar teams have been formed, all volunteers will engage in expansion of the party at the booth level.
- Every volunteer will work at his polling center to recruit at least 2 dedicated volunteers and as many members as possible.
- Multiple volunteers from the same polling center can either split the task, or spread to adjacent centers.
- The activity of all volunteers will be carefully tracked and verified on a continuous basis. The performance of the interim committees will be monitored by the State Observers and amendments made to the team composition if necessary.
- Once the minimum polling center strength is achieved, volunteers can choose to grow the party in other polling centers or further strengthen the party in the same center.
- In order to further strengthen the party at the polling center, volunteers will pick up activities such as assisting people for issues like RTI, RTE, accessing PDS; checking voter lists by door-to-door visits and getting information (through RTI) about the funds allocated to the area, understanding how it was spent and making this available to local citizens.
- Volunteers will also mobilize all new members and volunteers to support any political issues taken up by the interim State / District Mission Vistaar committees.
Putting in place a bottom-to-top democratically elected party organisation
A core objective of MV is to achieve the broadening and deepening of the organisation, fully in line with AAP's constitutional principles of transparency and intra-party democracy.
This is sought to be achieved through a bottom-up democratic process to elect governing bodies and party committees at all levels. Elections will be held from the ward and panchayat level , right up to finally electing the party's national council and the national executive.
All active members of the party as defined in the constitution will have the opportunity to participate in this electoral process as voters and/or candidates, to achieve a fully democratically elected party organisation.
These elections will be held under the aegis of neutral national observers, assisted by the respective local interim committees, and are expected to be completed within a maximum of one year.
Minimum membership targets and committee size at each level, and minimum proportion of ready party units at each level required to hold an election at the next level - these and other relevant parameters will be specified in line with the party constitution.
A code of conduct will be established for volunteers and committee members and an accessible grievance redressal mechanism, together with an internal Lokpal, again as mandated by the constitution, will be instituted in parallel to this MV effort of organisation building.
All Interim Committees formed at various levels through MV will be dissolved as and when elections as described above are held .
Through these measures, a robust and vibrant party organisation, fully representative of the electorate we aspire to represent and serve, its expected to be capacity, and will have the opportunity to freely voice their opinions in the party.