Procedure for Receiving and Disposing Complaints
As per constitution, National Lokpal consists of a maximum of 3 members. It is required to enquire into complaints of violation of Code of conduct by any of the National Executive members.
The NE reconstituted the three-member internal Lokpal panel following the completion of the term of the previous panel which was headed by Admiral L Ramdas.
The new Lokpal panel of the Aam Aadmi Party comprises of :
i) Rakesh Sinha (Former DIG CISF and a high court lawyer)
ii) Dr SP Verma (Educationist)
The Lokpal had its first meeting on 28 Nov at 7 pm and adopted the following procedure for receiving and disposing complaints -
- Any complainant could make a complaint pertaining to violation of Code of Conduct as defined in the constitution of the Party (Article VI A), to the Secretary of the Party in writing along with an affidavit and all the evidence either through email or send the complaint at A 119, Kaushambi, Ghaziabad -201010, UP.
- Lokpal would not entertain a complaint directly from the Secretariat of the Party. There ought to be a complainant.
- After receipt of such a complaint, the Secretary may video record the statement of complainant depending on the seriousness of the complaint.
- Such complaints will be examined in the office of the Secretariat and will be forwarded to the Lokpal along with its observations/comments.
- Secretary, in consultation with all Lokpal members and as per their convenience, would call a meeting of Lokpal.
- Lokpal would decide if there is prima facie case or not. After deciding they will proceed accordingly either to enquire or reject the complaint. For reaching out any conclusion Lokpal will adopt appropriate methods suitable to the complaint and the circumstances.
- If they find that no prima facie case is made out, Lokpal could dismiss the complaint. However, reasons for doing so would be recorded.
- After completion of enquiries, lokpal will pass an order, which shall be binding on the Party.